The Purple Top White Globe variety of Turnip grown and packed by Premium Fresh Tasmania is amongst the highest quality available anywhere in the world. The distinctive bright purple shoulder and white body is distinctively Tasmanian and offers presentation and taste advantages that are second to none.
This versatile vegetable can be roasted, boiled, mashed and added diced to winter stews and soups. Alternatively it can be eaten raw, as its mild peppery flavour adds bite to summer coleslaws and zest as an accompaniment to dip and cheese platters.
- Squat, globe shaped with slightly tapering end
- White outer skin with bright purple shoulders
- Crisp white internal flesh
- Mild pepper flavour, similar to a radish
- All roots and tops completely trimmed off
Size and Quality Specifications:
Turnips are graded to Premium and No 2 quality specifications.
|Diameter||70mm - 90mm|
* Other size ranges available on request
Swedes are graded to Premium and No 2 quality specifications
- 10kg bag
* Other packaging options available on request
Pricing is based on current global and Australian domestic market prices at the time of application. Contract prices may be negotiated for long term supply arrangements.
Delivery via refrigerated road or ocean transport, direct to customer, as required.