Red onions have a more mild and sweet flavour than brown onions and are perfect to eat raw or cooked. Also known as a Salad or Spanish Onion, they will not store as well as brown onions and as a result their seasonal availability is limited to just 6 months.
- Single bulb with a round shape
- Purple to red outer skin
- Double layer of intact papery outer skin
- Firm, crisp texture of fleshy white scales with purple-red edges
- Mild, sweet to tangy flavour
- Stems trimmed to less than 50mm in length
- Roots trimmed to less than 10mm in length
Size and Quality Specifications:
Red Onions are generally sized into 3 categories:
|Jarer||45mm - 60mm|
|Medium||60mm - 75mm|
* Other size ranges available on request
Each size can be packed according to 4 separate quality specifications - Premium, A Grade, No 2 and Process.
- 750g pre pack net
- 1kg pre pack net
- 10kg net
- 15kg carton
- ½ - tonne wooden or plastic bin
- 1 tonne fabric bulk bag
* Other packaging options available on request
Pricing is based on current global and Australian domestic market prices at the time of application. Contract prices may be negotiated for long term supply arrangements.
Delivery via refrigerated road or ocean transport, direct to customer, as required.